Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to upgrade sonos devices after factory reset

• 18 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I changed my router and needed to change my wi fi network. Sonos support recommended that I reset the connection to factory settings, otherwise I could not connect. When connecting sonos products via the app, it finds them but cannot update, shows that an error has occurred when searching for updates What I didn't do and I rebooted the router and unplugged the sonos from the network, only to turn it back on 15 minutes later,nothing helps. I have used the Android app and the Iphone app,which I have reinstalled, but anyway it shows can't update the devices, it shows error, the Iphone shows that I need to log out of my account, but there is no way to do it in the app. Please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Perhaps try turning them off and do one at a time?

Hello,
Thank you for your advice.
I managed to connect my Beam using Android, but I can't connect my sub mini and one sl with either iphone or Android. Maybe someone has some advice.

I have a similar problem. Bought a used arc, did the factory reset, updates failed, so the app shows I have no product. Tried several times all with the same results. I am able to get sound through it connected to my tv, but I would like to add a sub and rear speakers. Guess my timing was poor for entering the Sonos universe.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have a similar problem. Bought a used arc, did the factory reset, updates failed, so the app shows I have no product. Tried several times all with the same results. I am able to get sound through it connected to my tv, but I would like to add a sub and rear speakers. Guess my timing was poor for entering the Sonos universe.

Can you connect it to your router via ethernet. That might help.

I was finally able to update after deleting the app and reinstalling. Maybe the latest update helped also.