Unable to add surround

• 15 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I want to add 2 of my play1 to my playbar and sub. I can see my 2 sets of play1 and when I try to make the setup I just get a message that I should check that the speakers is turned on and is in the same WiFi system.. what to do? I have rebooted both the router and all speakers. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Anne-Li.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

Knowing how and through what Sonos is connecting is the great foundation to troubleshooting this successfully.

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network? It’s best if we can check any known issue or if there’s an additional configuration needed on the device that is essential for Sonos.

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

I have a similar issue with a Beam and two One SL devices. It started a couple days ago. I can add each One SL but when I try and join them as surround speakers to my beam it fails. Then the One SL devices are lost on my network. I have to factory reset the One SL devices to get them added back to my network.

I have tried factory resetting the beam as well and that did not fix the issue. The One SLs work fine on their own, but fail only when trying to connect them as corrund to the Beam.

I also have two Five and a One on my network.

Everything worked fine for a month or so. I did notice that the Sonos devices updated the other day. But I also added the aggregate pro switch to my network and updated to new firmware on the network.

All Sonos devices are connected wirelessly to my network. My network uses DAC, Single Mode Fiber, MultiMode Fiber and RJ-45 connections.

My home network uses a cheap ZyXEL router from Cincinnati Bell… under that is:

Unifi Dream Machine Pro → 24 Port 10/25Gb Unifi Aggregate Pro Switch → 48 port 600 watt POE++ Pro Switch → Access Points: 2x AP-HD, 2x U6-LR, 1x Nano-AP, 1x AP6 Beacon, 1x AP Beacon HD

Unifi Network Controller 6.0.34

UDM-Pro: 1.8.3-2.2939

USAGGPRO: 5.43.7.12444

USW-Pro-48-PoE: 5.43.7.12444

UAP-AC-HD: 5.43.7.12444

U6-LR-EA: 5.43.7.12444

U6-Extender: 5.43.7.12444

UAP-BeaconHD: 5.43.7.12444

UAP-nanoHD: 5.43.7.12444

Home Network Layout Minus All Devices

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @vanellope_von_schweetz.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help you out.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.