Two PLAY:5 as front speakers with Playbar center

• 6 December 2015
  • 29 replies

Hello.

I'm thinking about having two PLAY:5 as stereo par with sub at my summer house. I don't have TV (yet) but when I add a TV I will probably have a Playbar so I can connect the sound to my system. The question is, can I have the two PLAY:5 as front speakers with the Playbar as a center speaker or will that not work? I mainly will use the system for music but I would like to have the possibility to watch TV with good sound quality.

Regards,
Johann

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

If that's what you're looking for then you're better off with a proper receiver based system. Explain why i would be better off with receiver and wires compared with a proper wifi based 5.1 or wifi 7.1? I am curious why you think the receiver is better?

That's just it, there is no WiFi 7.1. If you wish for 7.1, you need to go receiver and wires. You have no choice. Something which exists is always better than something which doesn't exist.
Thank you for this thread. Was thinking to have this setup, but i have learned that Sonos isn’t made to pair with a TV. Bummer.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
The beam, playbar and playbase are for connecting to a TV. The others cannot unless bonded as rears.
Badge +1
If the Playbar is on and the 2 front 5s are on with a pair of rear 3s, is that good, quality sound for music? If the 5s are designated as a separate room, then they can be adjusted higher or lower to strengthen of weaken the sound. Is this overkill? It seems to sound good, but maybe I am incorrect as I am not an expert on sound.