TVs that have zero lag with Beam

• 26 January 2019
  • 4 replies

I'm a die-hard Sonos fan and am in the market for a new bedroom TV in the 55" range. I came here based on feedback that lag problems persist with man sets (TCL, Samsung, LG). Since most of the posts are people seeking help with problems (understandably), my comfort level with the Beam is suffering. My tolerance for lip/sync lag issues is zero so I'm concerned. Any success stories out there with TVs working fine with Beam without having to switch to PCM?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Why the bold on your question? Seems a little odd.

I've not seen any issues from people who own Vizio TVs. But, in every case where someone got an external HDMI switch with an audio output, optical or ARC seems to have no problems, even with the brands you listed.
I have no problems of lag with my LG Oled. But I am using the HDMI Arc.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
If you are only using the internal tv apps then the chances are very slim that you experience lag from the majority of TV sets. I have a Panasonic tv and get no lag outputting 5.1DD if if stick with the build in apps. The problem is when you try to pass through 5.1DD audio from external sources connected to the tv (eg PlayStation) as the picture vs sound processing in the tv causes the mismatch. If you don’t need 5.1 surround then passing through 2 channel PCM from external sources will generally sort out any lip sync issues..
Why the bold on your question? Seems a little odd.

Accident. For some reason the description text box struggles on my Mac. It won't let me go back and edit it.