Question

TV volume is drastically lower than the music on my Beam

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently bought a beam.  It is my sixth product from Sonos. When I added it to my TV where are used to have the play bar. Everything works fine except for the beam is drastically lower with the TV than the music. When I switch to the music I the beam is blaring loud and much louder than all the other Sonos devices. The same television worked fine with the play bar. The beam has much different volume discrepancies for some reason. Does it have something to do with the infrared adapter? I’ve been trying to find a way to boost the volume from the TV. But so far no luck. When I watch the TV the volume on the beam is about way up to 50%. As opposed to when I listen to music I usually have the volume at about 25%. It’s a 5 year old Vizio TV and does not have an ARC outlet. Does anybody know of any way to get the volumes more even between the TV and the music?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tikiking1.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, what connection is in use between the TV and the Beam?

May I know where the ‘infrared adapter’ is connected? Have you tried removing it to see if the issue will still occur?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while it’s happening, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you may have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.