Question

TV setup.

• 7 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Im very new to this. But today I have a Sonos five and two sonos one where I play my media. It’s not set up to the TV.

I will buy a Sub as well and the plan was to use this for my media setup but also for TV.

I will buy an arc for my TV. How can I manage so that the sub will be active for my arc when I watch TV but for my media when I play music?

Will this be possible in an easy way or will it be lots of settings every time I start watching TV?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Aegzorandre, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your question about setting up a Home theatre system. You can set up the Sonos Arc with the Sub and the surrounds as a Home theater 5.1 system. There are settings on the Sonos App, which will let you adjust the system to your preference. The Sonos Sub will work with your Sonos Arc depending on the content that you are watching or listening. For more information, Kindly check this article about Setting Up your Sonos Arc and also this articles about setting up a Home theater system on Sonos. And, when you refer to play TV and your media, would it be in the same room or different rooms? Because if the Arc is bonded or set up with your Sonos Sub, whatever content you play with the Sonos Arc, the Sub and the surrounds will follow. Also, If you’re planning on buying the Sub Gen 3, it can bond with any Sonos speaker, with the exception of the Move, Port, and Connect.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi and thanks for quick reply. Sorry for not being clear enough what I need answer for. Let me try be more specific.

Today I have two Sonos one, one in basement, one in bathroom and a Sonos Five in the living room. I’m using them only for playing music through Spotify with my phone.

But I feel it lack the base that I need and therefore I will buy the new Sonos Sub as well.

So with this my music setup will be done.

But, I also wants to improve my TV sound system so I will buy the new ARC that have been released. But I know you wont have enough sound with just an soundbar so I want to connect the Sonos SUB to the ARC. So when I watch TV, I want the ARC and SUB be the main source.

But when I don’t watch the TV, I want the SUB to be connected to my music setup:two One’s and the Five.

Am I clear now? When I read what I just typed it looks a little bit messy :P

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Aegzorandre, thanks for the update and for clearing it up. About your question. You can have the Sonos Sub setup with your Arc on the TV and your Sub with the Sonos One’s paired or with the Sonos Five. The issue could be Whenever you would like to have it working with the Arc and the Sub, For example, after watching TV with the Arc + Sub, you want to use it for Music with the Sonos Ones + Sub, you need to remove and readd the Sub with the Sonos One’s or the Sonos Five  It’s like that you need to bond and unbind it on the room based on your use with the Sub. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

The Sonos community is always here to help.