TV on/off thru Arc with Firestick

• 23 August 2021
  • 5 replies

How do I enable the TV to turn on and off thru the Sonos Arc using an Amazon Firestick (4K) ?

The Setup:

• Arc connected to TV through HDMI ARC ( not eARC )
  • Samsung TV and Firestick both have CEC enabled
  • Firestick controller has been set up with Sonos using the app to trigger a “push volume up”. After this Firestick controls Arc volume just fine. 
  • Firestick can control TV on/off just fine if I hold fire stick in a way TV IR sensor can see it - but difficult now that Arc is in front of TV. 
  • Arc’s rear IR repeaters are on
  • I’ve tried pulling Arc farther away from TV so repeaters can hit TV

How can I turn TV on/off using Firestick remote thru Arc ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Assuming you have already setup your Samsung TV in the Fire TV Settings/Equipment Control area, perhaps try this …goto the FireTV 4K Settings and select ‘equipment control/manage equipment/advanced settings’ and select the ‘power on input’ option and set it to use your ‘TV’ 

Thank you very much for taking time to share your idea, but unfortunately that didn’t resolve it. 

Another clue could be when I push volume up/down, the white light on the front of the Arc lights to indicate it “sees” the signal. But when I press power on/off, the LED on the Arc does not light up. So I assume it doesn’t even register/recognize the power on signal from the Firestick remote. (?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I set my TV to power down from the FireStick instead of my ARC, seems to be working well.

Note that when using ARC, the Arc isn’t transmitting commands to the TV, it’s receiving commands from the TV. You should be be setting up your Firestick to be controlling the TV, not the Arc. 

Badge +1

I use Alexa to turn off my Samsung TV and the connected Arc soundboard turns off with the TV.