Trouble getting Digital Atmos on my Sony Bravia X95J

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi folks.

My current setup is:-
a) Sony 65” X90J

b) Sonos Arc + Sub - connected to the TV’s HDMI 3 (default ARC/eARC) and set to Enhanced Format with Dolby Vision. Connected via the HDMI cable supplied together with the Sonos Arc
c) Nvidia Shield TV Pro - connected to HDMI 1

I’ve trouble getting Dolby Atmos from the Netflix (Ultra plan) on both the TV and Shield, Sonos app shows that I’m getting just Dolby Digital Digital Plus 5.1.

I can confirm the TV audio settings are set to:-

Speakers: Audio System

Auto System Prioritization: On

A/V Sync: On

eARC Mode: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

What would seem to be the problem? I’ve tried the various suggested fix (e.g. setting it to just ARC instead of eARC) but none seems to help.

@Sonos Support Team - I’ve submitted a diagnostic report (#1038112445)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What movie are you testing on Netflix? Are you watching it with the English Dolby Atmos track? Also be sure the streaming quality settings in Netflix are set to High or Auto.

Userlevel 2

Hhi @GuitarSuperstar - checked, movie comes with Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos. Streaming is set to Auto as well

Userlevel 7

Make sure your TV has the latest firmware installed and unplug your TV, Arc, and Nvidia Shield from power for a couple of minutes and then test again.