Question

Terrible Sound Experiences with ARC

• 27 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I’ve added an ARC recently to my 2 FIVEs setup but the ARC is performing poorly. Suddenyl disconnects and stops playing or the quality deteriorates to something that doesn’t resemble music. Tried resetting, restarting etc. The FIVEs behave without a problem…

Here’s a recording → https://www.dropbox.com/s/z88svqp26owt22f/IMG_0241.MOV?dl=0

This is becoming slightly frustrating, when you keep connecting the speaker to AppleTV and it disconnects immediately after a few seconds, so you end up watching a movie on TV speakers cos you just don’t have the energy to fight the d*** thing...while a brand new speaker sits there useless….

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @kaspaorange.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

When issues like this spring up,  the more information we can gather will help us resolve the problem.

• Is this happening on both TV and music playback?
  • Kindly confirm the source you are attempting to play the audio from. (Examples: Cable box, Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, built-in TV apps for streaming services)
  • The Sonos Arc must be connected to the HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC port of the TV.  NOTE: Wiring directly to the source device like Apple TV is not a recommended configuration.
  • While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos. This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

Please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.