Answered

TCL with arc and onesl

• 9 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I have an arc and just bought 2 one sl. Not golding good surround on any streaming app whether using native to TCL 65R625 or through apple tv 4k. Currently have TV audio setting at auto for digital output format but have also tried pass through and custom. Apple TV setting is auto, Atmos Available. Sonos app will even show that the sound is Atmos when available. Thanks for any advice

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 February 2023, 21:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When the Sonos app is telling you're getting Atmos, that's the best you can get. What's not good about your experience? 

I can’t hear anything from the surrounds unless I’m right on top of them. It doesn’t matter whether I’m playing music or a movie. I haven’t been able to increase the volume in any way just on the surrounds

Userlevel 7

Keep the Digital Output Format setting on the TV set to Pass Through. Then be sure to test a 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio source. You can confirm you are getting 5.1 audio on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app.

You can also adjust the surround audio levels in the Sonos app under Surround Audio.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/change-surround-audio-settings

Also, do not use YouTube as a source.  Except for some premium content that is rolling out slowly, YouTube videos are 2.0 stereo, even when they claim to be DD 5.1 or Atmos.

Thanks for the feedback. I think it’s good