Answered

TCL Series 5 Atmos with Beam 2

• 6 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

According to TCL, their 2022 Series 5 TVs support atmos. I’m considering buying one and connecting my system (Beam 2, sub, and Ones surround speakers). Does anyone here run atmos on such a system with the TCL 5? Just wondering of it works.

Thanks,

Brian

icon

Best answer by Chidude 7 January 2023, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have a 2020 TCL series 5 and don’t recommend TCL. The picture works great but the sound has been one problem after another. Many owners like myself have been plagued by a bug (which appeared after a software update) wherein the sound randomly switches to stereo PCM only and only returns to normal by unplugging and plugging back in. I solved it with a Fury Arcana, but that money I spent on the Arcana could have allowed an upgrade when I bought the TV. TCL knows about the problem and hasn’t done anything to fix it.

I also randomly lose all sound about once a week, with unplugging/replugging being the only way to fix it.

You’re of course looking at a model that’s two years newer, but I really think TCL is careless with how their TVs deliver sound—something the description of your Sonos system suggests is important to you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, Chidude! Much appreciated.

All the best,

Brian