System keeps disconnecting.

• 3 December 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

I’m new to Sonos and have recently bought the surround package with the Arc, One SLs and Sub v3. 
I’m enjoying it however becoming frustrated as the entire system disconnects on a weekly basis. Following the usual switch it all off, leave it for a bit and switch it back on does work,  it a week later, it’s disconnected again. 

I don’t have issues with any other of my contraptions disconnecting from the WiFi, only the Sonos kit. 

Any help is appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Butchie Yost , Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry about what’s happening to your Sonos system, So that we can check the current status of the Sonos speakers, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

ive just had a very similar issue. This time the error message was system is not configured. Looking at the app, the arc was replaced with a ?  

I’ve done the usual switch off and on which has reconnected everything but it’s a major pain. 
Ive also ran another diagnostic- no. 660358699

many thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Butchie Yost, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue on your Sonos system and thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. I’ll ask some questions to check on this issue. 

• What is the status of the lights on your Sonos speakers?
  • Does it happen on other device controllers where you have the Sonos App?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Any changes that were recently made on the Sonos settings on the App or the system?
  • Are you using a mesh WiFi system or WiFi extenders with different Wi-Fi network names?
  • Have you tried to temporarily hardwire one Sonos speaker to your main router to check if the issue will persist?

Answers to these questions will help us determine what could be causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

When the disconnect occurs, the lights remain a solid white so it’s not obvious that anything isn’t working as it should until I try to play music or switch on the TV. 
when the TV switches on, the Arc still plays sound from the TV but the rear speakers and sub remain silent. 

The app is only on my mobile and not on any other devices. 
The issue has been happening since I started using the system but seems to be happening more frequently. I seem to remember it happened once or twice over the first month since I started using it, now it’s weekly with the occurrence happening twice this week. 

The only changes to the system would be updates via the app and I’ve moved broadband providers about a month ago although the issue was happening before changing providers. 

The new broadband is a mesh network but as well as the main router, there is a second router set up as a node and uses the same WiFi network name. 
I haven’t tried using a hardwired connection to the router as yet and don’t really want to go down this route as it will mean trailing wires across the room.

many thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Butchie Yost, thanks for the update and the information that you gave. Since you have an intensive network layout for your Wi-Fi and Sonos system we need to check what is mainly causing this issue. I checked the diagnostic report and can’t see any issue, So we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They’ll give additional steps and options to get this issue resolved. 

Thanks for your help Simon. I’ll give them a call on Monday. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Butchie Yost, thanks for the update, hope it gets straightened out after calling our phone support team.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Did this get straightened out ? 
my friend is having the same issue. 
arc and sun disconnect daily 

Has your friend contacted the phone support team, as Simon suggested?