Answered

Surround Sounds : There was a problem preparing your speakers

• 9 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi there. Help please. I have a Playbase, and 2 x Play 1 that have worked as a surround sound set, for months. The Play 1's have stopped working now.

I have tried all the obvious stuff, volume, rebooting, removing and re-adding. I have created a stereo pair as one forum suggested and added them back in. The controller adds them back in to the playbase, and then on the final stage says "There was a problem preparing your speakers"

I have tried another Sonos Play 1 with the same problem, I have reset all the speakers, and started from scratch,

Help ... it's driving me mad, and I have a new episode of Stark trek discovery to watch !!!

Many thanks.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 October 2017, 22:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

PS ... Have just held for 25 minutes waiting for US support, and UK support is now closed.
I would suggest that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at, if you're hoping to get help from Sonos. And you may want to try their 24/7 support on Twitter and Facebook messenger, you can find the details at www.sonos.com/contact
Many thanks . Will do.

Diagnostic Confirmation Number : 7935699
Hello again. I have logged a call with Sonos, who have spotted that the wireless card / wireless access point has stopped working on the Playbase, and they are replacing it foc as it's under warranty. Many thanks for your help.
Interesting indeed. Thanks for coming back and letting us know, it's much appreciated.