Surround sound is weak

• 31 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Set up playbar, sub and play 1. Surround sound effects suck even on 5.1 Surround DVD. My Samsung set to surround before I select external speaker. Played with advanced settings. Not fixing product. Getting frustrated. Does Sonos offer no phone support?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

They do, you can contact Sonos to discuss it. It being New Year's Eve, it's possible your location has closed until January 2. However, in that link you'll also find information about 24/7 coverage on Twitter, and they also support 24/7 on Facebook.

Have you adjusted the volume of the surround sound speakers in the room settings, under advanced settings? Have you checked to see if the Sonos is actually getting a Dolby Digital signal by looking in "About My Sonos System" in the controller? Have you turned off all sound changing options in the TV set ? You want it to be as close to direct pass through as possible, which means no "extras" added to the sound.