Surround setup

• 7 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi

i want to set up my playbar with front and rear left and rights

i have play 1’s for the rear and play 3’s for the front.

can I set this up do they are all on my master bedroom tab

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the PLAYBAR already contains all three front channels: left, center, and right. There is no way to split those signals out to other speakers.

Can I have them all on the same room tab, so I don’t have to link 2 rooms all the time??

I understand that only the playbar and surrounds will work when using the tv, but I would like them all on when playing music??

Not currently. You could turn off the ‘un-group on Autoplay’ function in the PLAYBAR’s room settings, and it wouldn’t ungroup the two rooms every time you start the TV playback, though. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Can I have them all on the same room tab, so I don’t have to link 2 rooms all the time??

I understand that only the playbar and surrounds will work when using the tv, but I would like them all on when playing music??

What @Airgetlam said. I have the same thing, but then with an Sonos Amp and two very high quality hifi speakers. When listening to music through the TV (say a concert) I want to use them combined. It’s not possible aside from grouping them. I myself did notice a slight delay (esp. with speech). This can be fixed with the settings and just patience playing with the delay options if you experience it.

Other then that it’s as @Airgetlam said not something Sonos offers other then using a group and not auto ungrouping them. And perhaps hoping Sonos will eventually put it on their development roadmap if enough people ask for it :)