Surround and Sub keeps dropping in and out.

• 16 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a standard 5.1 in my living room (playbar, sub, and 2 play 1’s) and they’ve always dropped in and out. Here’s my diagnostic: 352610924. What should I do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hello there, syxx242000. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. It seems that you have the SUb plugged into the router using an Ethernet cable. In the case of your Living Room, the Playbar acts as the main hub. This means that audio content gets to the SUb first, transmitted over wireless to the Playbar, and then out to the rest of the Living Room speakers.

Is it possible to plug the Playbar into the router instead of the Sub? This would reduce the number of wireless hops needed for Sonos.

Alternatively, the Playbar itself is also having a hard time dealing with a fluctuating noise floor. This means that something nearby is broadcasting a wireless signal not intended for Sonos and in turn, causing a number of dropouts. Could you describe the area immediately around the Playbar? Thanks!
Makes sense. My router (gateway) is right underneath my Playbar which was originally hardwired but I changed it to the SUB thinking it would help. Anyway the playbar sits below my tv (mounted) on an equipment stand on the first level. The second level is my router, Philips Hue Hub, and Xbox. That’s pretty much it.