Sunbrite TV to Sonos Amp Cuts Out

• 26 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Installed a new Sonos Amp (sitting indoors) wired to celling Sonos speakers over enclosed patio.  The Sonos is connected with an HDMI cable from an outdoor Sunbrite TV arc port.  The sound cuts out randomly for about 30 seconds while the video continues to play then the sound resumes.  The video sources have been Verizon FIOS One box, an Apple TV latest gen and a Nintendo Switch.  I replaced the HDMI cable from the TV to the Sonos and still having the same issue.  I also replaced the HDMI cable from the source boxes to the TV.  I’ve tried various sound settings between the source and TV.

Note that music streaming never cuts out.

I have Verizon Gig internet speed.

Suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

First make sure the speakers are wired properly and that they meet Sonos Amp specifications for Ohm load.

Since you say you have replaced the HDMI cable between the TV and Amp it sounds (no pun intended) like a faulty HDMI cable connection either at the Amp or TV.  If you remove the HDMI cable and use the TV internal speakers and the sound does not drop then that’s a clear indication that the HDMI cable connection point is faulty at one end.

At the next occurrence I suggest you run a diagnostic within 10 minutes and post the reference ID in your next post. Then call Sonos tech support to discuss the results.

I had a few occurrences of the sound outage and captured the following diagnostics:

Reference ID

What did Sonos Support say, when you called in with those diagnostic numbers?

They said the diagnostics indicated the amp was healthy and not a problem.  They recommended power resetting everything including the TV.  I’ve done that a few times now. 

This might be some sort of HDMI EDID spat. I’d feel more confident about my claim if the video was interrupted too. Have you dumbed down the audio to stereo at the source and the TV?

I have no experience with Sunbright TV’s. Some TV’s must be powered down for at least two minutes before they will reboot.

I powered down everything last night.  I left everything unplugged except TV, SONOS, FIOS.

Also moved the FIOS ONE box (it’s a wifi sub off the main FIOS ONE consol) 30 inches away from the SONOS.

The sound still cut out randomly :(