Question

Sub problems

• 20 February 2018
  • 9 replies

My sub goes off for like 20 seconds every other song.. how can i fix this? Diagnosis number is 8515812

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My sub goes off for like 20 seconds every other song.. how can i fix this? Diagnosis number is 8515812

Hi juanelteso,

There looks to be some wireless interference between your PLAYBAR and SUB. This is likely the cause of the audio cut outs. Please take a look around your SUB and PLAYBAR for any third party wireless devices which might be nearby. Try moving any of these devices away from your SUB and PLAYBAR. If that doesn't help, you might try relocating your SUB.

If you're still having audio troubles please send in a new diagnostic report after the changes you've made, reply with the confirmation number and I'll take another look.
Having same problem. Just filed a diagnostic report no 400417051. Sub connected to Playbar. Cut every 2nd song more or less. Have most Sonos product but everything else works great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having same problem. Just filed a diagnostic report no 400417051. Sub connected to Playbar. Cut every 2nd song more or less. Have most Sonos product but everything else works great.

Hi petercc,

Thanks for sending in the report. Similar to juanelteso, there's wireless interference showing up on the 5 ghz band between your PLARBAR and SUB. Look around for any wireless electronics that could be sending out a signal. Common sources of interference include cordless phones (especially DECT phones), wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras and wireless printers. If you can, move any such device away from and not in between your SUB and PLAYBAR.

If that doesn't help, send along a new diagnostic report, reply with the number and I'll take a look.
Tried to disconnect only device between sub and Playbar (except my router). Same problem (might be a bit less though). Anyhow filed new diagnostic no 345212109 just after sub cut for like 10 s. Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Tried to disconnect only device between sub and Playbar (except my router). Same problem (might be a bit less though). Anyhow filed new diagnostic no 345212109 just after sub cut for like 10 s. Thanks for the help.

There are still communication errors between your SUB and PLAYBAR. In fact, it looks like it got worse around 7 minutes prior to the diagnostic report. It's possible that you have a device, such as your router, that is automatically switching its wireless channel. Please check your router to see if its 5 ghz signal is set to "auto channel." If so, try setting it to a static channel and see if that helps.

Also, your BRIDGE is having a hard time communicating with your other speakers. This shouldn't affect your SUB, but may lead to other issues. How close if your BRIDGE to your router? If it's close, try moving it away from your router, we usually recommend 2 feet or so.
Thanks you for the reply and good suggestions. I did the suggested changes. Still have problem though. Cutting every 2nd song for roughly 10s. Filed new diagnostic 198369016. Appreciate help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks you for the reply and good suggestions. I did the suggested changes. Still have problem though. Cutting every 2nd song for roughly 10s. Filed new diagnostic 198369016. Appreciate help.

Things are looking a bit better in your diagnostic report. There are still some errors between your BRIDGE and Balkong unit. Can you look around that speaker for any electronics that could be causing interference?

Also, it looks like you have your speakers grouped together. Do you have cut outs when they are not grouped? What is the source of the audio when you get drops?
Hi. Did some more changes, changed channel on the 5hz. Seems better but still have cuts. Did a new report when running only Playbar and sub only. Still cuts. Thanks. No 765406952
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi. Did some more changes, changed channel on the 5hz. Seems better but still have cuts. Did a new report when running only Playbar and sub only. Still cuts. Thanks. No 765406952

Theres still a high level of interference hitting your BRIDGE. You might consider repositioning your BRIDGE, perhaps using a longer ethernet cable. Have you tried going with a fully wireless setup?