Sub popping sounds

• 22 February 2017
  • 15 replies

Hi
I have recently experienced some popping sounds from the sub. It comes and goes and usually when the music is rather bass heavy (like The Weeknd). It's a deep popping sound that when it's really bad comes right after each other. I have a theory about it coming when the internet bandwidth is low (when others in the household is watching Netflix for example). But I really don't know.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

What is the Sub output level? And are you sure that the sound isn't on the track - play the track again and eliminate that as a possibility.
The sub is set just below the mid level. And it's not on the track. I have listened a lot and this is not just on one track.
The next time you hear it, submit a diagnostic and report the number here. Be sure to submit within ten minutes of hearing these noises.
I now send in the diagnostic with the number 7128634
Sonos Support should respond here soon; you can also send an email to them, quoting the number with a one sentence description of the problem, to be sure of a response.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I now send in the diagnostic with the number 7128634

Thanks for passing that diagnostic along. Do you have the SUB wired direct to a wall outlet or is it wired to something like an extension cable, UPS, or power strip?

I want you to disable the Trueplay tuning as a test and let me know if the popping sound is still present. Steps: Settings > Room Settings> Stue > Trueplay Tuning
Badge
i am having a very similar issue, i get a popping sound ( it sounds off beat as well) i also seem to be having issues with it working all together when watching tv. The popping sound is quite annoying. Is there a way to maybe reset the entire songs system? I use the playbar, 2 play 1s and the sub. I was thinking maybe i can just reconnect them all like when i originally bought them.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
i am having a very similar issue, i get a popping sound ( it sounds off beat as well) i also seem to be having issues with it working all together when watching tv. The popping sound is quite annoying. Is there a way to maybe reset the entire songs system? I use the playbar, 2 play 1s and the sub. I was thinking maybe i can just reconnect them all like when i originally bought them.

Hey Csaldana7 - thanks for reaching out. I was able to pull up a current incident you have open with one of our support agents. They sent a response earlier today with a step they would like to have you follow. Let me know if you need anything else.
I have also been experiencing this problem.

I've also been having sub and play 1 drop out issues which I'm working with sonos to fix. I wonder now if they are connected..?
Badge +1
Hi Langas,

Mind submitting a diagnostic the next time you hear the SUB and PLAY:1 drop and posting your confirmation number here with some more details on what you're seeing?
I am having 5his issue also. 7507910
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I am having 5his issue also. 7507910

Hi Jasoon, are you still having trouble? If so, make sure you run the latest Sonos update to version 7.3 and then check it out. If you're still having trouble, can you send us a new diagnostic? We'll take a look for you.
I am also getting a popping sound. It isn’t all the time. It appears to be from certain tracks or sound effects in a video game or other inputs such as watching tv; but frequencies that aren’t low enough for the sub possibly? I’ve tried adjusting the bass and sub levels as well as different channels and removing Trueplay Tuning. I have submitted diagnostics 7889897. From the attached video it sounds like a drum beat from the game but really sounds more like speaker clipping when standing next to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Mpace, looks like you might be running some beta software on your system. It'd be best to reach out to the beta team on the beta community here: http://betacommunity.sonos.com They will want to take a look and see if it's potentially beta related.
Hi,

I have the same issue. My diagnostic report is 1022569712.

Thank you in advance for your help