Answered

Sub Mini wont connect

• 18 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Just bought the Sub Mini to complete my Beam 2/2xOne home cinema and when I try to connect them to the rest of the system the app keeps saying it can't be done because there is a new update app available but it's not on the play store so I need to wait. Please tell me this is some sort of joke. Who on earth disables important features of an app before the update is available. Is this the type of thing I can expect from Sonos? I'm not best pleased I'm sat here after having spent hundreds of pounds on this sub and can't even use it.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 October 2022, 20:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Have you tried to check for updates in the S2 app? Or did you check in the play store?

If you go into System and select “about my system”, what does it say? Is everything (including the controller) on 14.18?

Just bought the Sub Mini to complete my Beam 2/2xOne home cinema and when I try to connect them to the rest of the system the app keeps saying it can't be done because there is a new update app available but it's not on the play store so I need to wait. Please tell me this is some sort of joke. Who on earth disables important features of an app before the update is available. Is this the type of thing I can expect from Sonos? I'm not best pleased I'm sat here after having spent hundreds of pounds on this sub and can't even use it.

@Atomic_bog_roll,

You likely have automatic updates enabled in the Sonos App and the hardware has begun updating to the latest release - the setup therefore will require you to update the App too and the case is Apple haven’t uploaded the software (yet) to your region - it usually gets resolved quickly by Apple, so just keep an eye out for the App update appearing on their server. You could of course also choose to download the latest App from this Sonos.com link, if you prefer not to wait:

https://support.sonos.com/s/downloads