Answered

Sub Mini Placement for Home Theater

• 10 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Hey everyone, 

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to all things sound. Love my Sonos system and just got the mini sub for my Beam + One setup. I’m struggling to figure out where to place it in the room. The best spot space wise is on my entertainment unit behind the TV.

I know it’s not perfect, but how much bass quality am I losing with that placement?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 10 October 2022, 18:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try it in different locations and let your ears answer that question!

Can it go on the floor beside the tv stand? 

It can but unfortunately it sticks out a ton and becomes a tripping hazard. 

Badge

You can place it anywhere in the same room that isn’t a trip hazard, listen to it in different places to see which one you prefer. I have my Sub on the opposite side from the TV and Beam .

Do you have surround sound speakers opposite your TV and Beam?

Badge

Hi, I have  pair Of Sonos 1’s set up as surround sound. I hope this helps? 

Yes, that helps.I have ONE SLs, just curious as to your setup. I put my Sub Mini on the floor to the right of my TV as its first location. Will do as suggested and put in different places to see where I like it best. Just got it today, so haven’t had a lot of experience with it.

Sub placement is not as critical for movies as it can be for music play. Especially if True play tuning is done for the set up after placement of all speakers in the space. A good starting point for Sub can be - wherever convenient - and then do the true play tuning. Thereafter experiment with Sub placement only if bass/effects on movie soundtracks seem lacking in punch. Even there, play with the Sub levels first.

Badge

A good tip from Kumar re True Play , it may be that you have to go through the process until you find your ideal set up for your Sub but it is worth it .

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

What about on floor in corner near sofa? I have always found a corner of room is best placement for a sub.