Sub Gen 3 or Sub Mini

• 30 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello, guys!

I am owner of a Beam Gen 2 for a month.
I am fine with the quality of the sound of it. I didn’t expect so much, but I it’s fine for a soundbar costing 350 euro (purchased in on Black Friday for 350 euro).
As I am fan of the bass, I wanted to purchase a sub for the Beam.
Today I purchased Sub Gen 3, trying to fix the lack of signficant bass of the Beam :)
I connected the devices and then……
Tried to listen some music - terrible… The bass produced for the songs I played was toooooo powerful, while the sound quality was poor… The heights were so poor… I have pain in my ears now ….
Tried any kind of settings but noting improved the sound quality. 
Then I tried fo check the quality of watching movies - OK, finally a good match, but I want to listen music with better quality and with heights… So, I will return back my Sub Gen 3 tomorrow, as I am not satisfied with it.
In terms better music performance, do you expect that Sub Mini can produce better and clearer music sound? I forgot to say that my room is around 20 sq.m. 
Is there anyone of you had both of the soundbars, so that to comment which soundbar is better for music? And ofc, to be able to produce great sound for movies.
To be honest, the best heights Ive ever had and listened is my Mercedes C-Class. Great surround , great sound!
Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Have you completed Trueplay?

In my opinion, for a room that size, SUB would be a better choice.

Try slightly different locations for SUB. You may have accidentally plopped it in a location that substantially excites the room modes.

Tried everything, it destroyed my ears... too powerful... even decreasing the bass cant help. Will try Sub Mini...

Bought Sub Mini - resolved my problems. Perfect bass for my ear.

What kind of music do u listen. I’m trying to find out what’s the best option to me. Beam 2 + 2 shelf symphonisk.

I use for movies/classical music 50%. 
happy it worked for you.

What kind of music do u listen. I’m trying to find out what’s the best option to me. Beam 2 + 2 shelf symphonisk.

I use for movies/classical music 50%. 
happy it worked for you.

Can’t help you, because I don’t have the same setup… Try with Trueplay then adjust the bass.

Destroyed your ears? This is the weirdest post ever.  It has to be a troll.  Did you not know that you can independently adjust the volume of your subwoofer apart from your soundbar?

Userlevel 7

Question… are you using an Android device or iOS? iOS supports Trueplay room tuning..Android does not. BTW...you can’t compare the quality of sound in an automobile vs what you hear in a room. That’s an Apples to Oranges comparison. However, it’s probably too late for you to read this comment considering your last response was 9 days ago.

Destroyed your ears? This is the weirdest post ever.  It has to be a troll.  Did you not know that you can independently adjust the volume of your subwoofer apart from your soundbar?

First, I am not a troll, as I have Beam Gen 2, 2 One SLs and Sub Mini. Sub Gen 3 was not for my room, can you even realize it? And at last, didn’t want to destroy my ears with the bass coming from the sub. I had to use it on -10 in order to be a normal bass resonance. Why should I buy pricier SUb Gen 3 to use it’s bass on -10???