Sub gen 3

• 25 April 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a playbar, gen3 sub and 2 one sl set up as a surround sound in my living room. I loved is and the gen 3 sub is very powerful and just how i like it. So i bought the arc, gen 3, and 2 more one sl to put in my man cave. I figured it would be amazing in the smaller room but the sub sounds weak and nothing like the same sub in the living room. What could be wrong

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

It could be the placement of the Sub or room environment. It could be the audio source. Does your “man cave” have carpet or is it mostly hard surfaces? Have you run Trueplay tuning? Have you adjusted the Arc’s EQ settings and Sub Level in the Sonos app?

It’s carpet unfortunately but it’s not even close to the sub downstairs. I’ve run true play and tried adjusting settings or all speakers on the app. I’ve had the other system in my living room a couple years and seamed like i had the problem with that sub when i first hooked it up but can’t remember what i did. I played same song I’m my living room on same settings and then played same in my man cave and it was almost like it was no bass when compared 

Userlevel 7

What do you have the Sub Level set to?

Tried different settings. +3 is what it’s set on in my living room and puts out more bass than if i put it on +12 in the new room

Userlevel 7

Have you considered unbonding the Subs and swapping them?

I did think about trying that to see if it was the sub  or it might just be the room and the carpet like you said

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Russdawg03 

@GuitarSuperstar’s suggestion is an excellent one - swap the Subs and if the issue sticks with the room then the issue is likely due to speaker placement. If it follows the Sub, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos Sub.