Answered

Stereo PCM only?

• 19 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve got a brand new surround system consisting of the Arc, Sub 3, and two One SL for rears.  I’m using an LG C1 OLED and a Sony UBP-X800M2 blu ray player.

I have the blu ray player set to PCM for audio, downmix is set to surround and but rate is set to 192.  On the TV I have the HMDI audio set to PCM and eARC is enabled.

I am running hdmi from player to the tv, from TV to soundbar.

When i fire up Interstellar which has a DTS soundtrack I’m only getting Stereo PCM displayed.  I understand that the Arc has limited DTS support, but shouldn’t I be getting multichannel PCM feed into the Adonis?

Do I have something set up incorrectly?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 April 2022, 05:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

On the TV, set Digital Sound Output to Pass Through and HDMI Input Audio Format to Bitstream.

On the TV, set Digital Sound Output to Pass Through and HDMI Input Audio Format to Bitstream.

I think that did the trick.

One more quick question, it now shows multichannel 7.1, is that what I should be seeing?  What does the 7.1 represent, are two of those 7 the height channels?

Userlevel 7

One more quick question, it now shows multichannel 7.1, is that what I should be seeing?  What does the 7.1 represent, are two of those 7 the height channels?

Yes, you will see “Multichannel PCM 7.1” when playing a DTS-HD Master Audio disc. I’m not certain why it displays it as 7.1 rather than 5.1 since the Interstellar audio track is in 5.1. As long as you are hearing audio from the surround speakers, you are good.

The upward firing drivers on the Arc are only used with Dolby Atmos audio.