Question

Static hiss from Playbar after TV switched off

• 18 December 2017
  • 13 replies

After updating to 8.2.2 my Playbar now emits a constant static hiss after I switch off my TV. Before the update it would automatically go to sleep after a few minutes and stop emitting any noise, the only way I can solve this is to switch it off from the mains and then back on again.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem after updating to 8.2.2?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Yes, same problem! The amp doesn’t seem to into standy anymore. 😞
It’s a real pain as my sound bar is in a bedroom and the noise is very audible when trying to sleep.

I still have to switch it off from the mains.

Hopefully a firmware update is on the way soon.
Exactly. I'm contacting support, in case they are not already aware of the problem.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I’m having this same issue after only purchasing the Playbar 3 days ago. Is this a software problem
I bought a playbar after Xmas and had same issue. Raised it with support and they said they are aware. If you quickly play some music after e.g. turning TV off, and then stop the music then it'll go into standby after a few mins. Saves turning it off at the wall.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks for that I’ll be sure to try that one later on I’ve been reading a lot on here about this issue so wondered if it was software . Hopefully they update the problem soon
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Eun2 I’ve just tried this out and it worked, thankyou!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I bought a playbar after Xmas and had same issue. Raised it with support and they said they are aware. If you quickly play some music after e.g. turning TV off, and then stop the music then it'll go into standby after a few mins. Saves turning it off at the wall.

Thanks for letting everyone know!

Yes, the team is on it, and I believe the fix will be coming out in the next software update.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I really do hope so, it's driving me mental as well!! Only had mine for 2 days. Any clue as to when the next software update is due out though?
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
After updating to the latest software last night this problem still seems to be there
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I correct myself this update has fixed the problem I was to impatient before. The sound bar goes into sleep mode as it should now
I can confirm, the problem was solved in 8.3.
Yes confirmed - fixed for me in the update too. Thanks.