Answered

Soundbar volume adjustment no longer working with remotes

• 22 January 2021
  • 4 replies

After a software upgrade with Sony tv, soundbar no longer recognizes either Xfinity or Sony remotes.  The only way to get the volume adjusted is the stand directly in front of the soundbar with remote, then the beam works.  Have had installers here and they were clueless and said only 1 year warranty on soundbar, so no luck there.  (and BTW - that one year warranty is disappointing)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 March 2021, 10:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @cprav.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Have you already tried to retrain the remote?

Make sure that this is IR remote your using.

If this still doesn't work I suggest contacting the manufacturer of the TV since the update surely made some changes to your Television. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have the same issue...it’s not the TV, but the Xfinity remote doesn’t work with the play bar/speakers

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @RebelDuck.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Were there any changes in your network or tv update perhaps? 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @cprav 

Are you still having this issue? You mentioned that the Playbar no longer recognises the remotes, but that it does when you are close to it - this implies that it does recognise the codes from the remote, but doesn’t always detect them.

Please try changing the batteries in the remote, and make sure you haven’t obstructed the IR sensor on the Playbar. Direct sunlight landing on the sensor may also blind it to the remote.

In addition, you can try reprogramming the Playbar to recognise the remote, but I don’t expect this to work (if it works at close range, this shouldn’t be needed). See our Set up a new TV remote with Sonos home theater speakers page for instructions.

If these steps don’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.