Answered

Soundbar in TV Cabinet

• 2 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I recently purchased an ARC Soundbar to replace my Sonos Soundbar in my main family room. I plan on using the old Soundbar in my bedroom as my TV sound is horrible. 

I would like to place it where my cable box is currently located (see picture). Any issues with that placement?  

thank you for your feedback!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 2 August 2021, 06:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Arc uses upward and side firing drivers. Placing the Arc on the shelf in the cabinet will block those drivers. If you have to place the Arc on the shelf, place it on the very edge for more clearance for the two upward firing drivers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you. I realize my post wasn’t very clear. I will be putting the PLAYBAR in the cabinet. Does that change things at all?

PLAYBAR also throws sound out of the ends.

Suggestion: add a pullout for PLAYBAR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thank you. I realize my post wasn’t very clear. I will be putting the PLAYBAR in the cabinet. Does that change things at all?

Sonos recommends not doing that.

https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Fplaybar%2Fplaybar.htm%23TOC_Select_a_location11bc-3&rhtocid=_0_2_15_2