sound quality

If I watch tv I cant hear the people’s voices clearly as they speak. Can it maby be my optic cable?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If I watch tv I cant hear the people’s voices clearly as they speak. Can it maby be my optic cable?

Might help if you say what speakers you have.

Soundbar - Booster - Sub and the 2 suround sound speakers at the back

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Ok, you’ve still not said which soundbar, unless it’s a Booster - which isn’t a Sonos model.

But in any case: no, it’s highly unlikely to be the cable. The cable merely passes the signal from the source; it’s the processing of that signal and potentially the centre channel volume that dictates the “clarity” of the speech. 

@Andre3000,

Perhaps see if this link may assist you…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4796

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, you’ve still not said which soundbar, unless it’s a Booster - which isn’t a Sonos model.

But in any case: no, it’s highly unlikely to be the cable. The cable merely passes the signal from the source; it’s the processing of that signal and potentially the centre channel volume that dictates the “clarity” of the speech. 

The picture shows a Playbar. The “Booster” could be a Sonos Boost.

The BOOST is shown in the picture, directly below the PLAYBAR. Given that proximity, I’d be tempted to remove the BOOST altogether, and just run that Ethernet cable directly to the PLAYBAR. 

To be fair, there’s a lot of white stuff there, I had to double check the picture a couple of times ;)

Oh, two more things. One, I like the message under the TV. Second, I’d be tempted to find somewhere a little bit further away for that Sub.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I’m thinking that hair dryer is the issue..

It is possible that loose items on the shelf are vibrating. This is easy enough to figure out, just bump the shelf with your fist and any loose items will reply. While not directly involved in dialog, SUB is too close to the end of PLAYBAR. Audio emitted from the speaker on the left end of PLAYBAR will collide with SUB and not propagate into the room as it should.