Question

Sound not working on Sky Q SD channels only

• 20 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a Sky Q box connected to a Sonos Playbar via an optical cable. The box is also connected to my Samsung Smart TV via an HDMI cable. Recently, only the HD channels have been outputting sound - the SD channels produce no sound at all.

I have the following Sky Q audio settings configured:

Digital audio output HDMI: Dolby Digital
Digital audio output optical: Dolby Digital

Annoyingly, if I set the optical output to "Normal", I can hear sound from the SD channels. But that means I don't get surround sound from any of the channels.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Many thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same issues, you can temp fix it by unplugging and then replugging the optical cable. I had the sky engineer out and it seems to be in my mind a software issue. I am speaking to Sonos to try and get a solution.
I have the same issues, you can temp fix it by unplugging and then replugging the optical cable. I had the sky engineer out and it seems to be in my mind a software issue. I am speaking to Sonos to try and get a solution.
Thanks - would be interested to find out how you get on with Sonos.
Badge
I have had this problem for the last couple of weeks. I have swapped digital cables, Sky Q mini boxes around but all to no avail. After 5 minutes when I select any HD channel there is no sound. I have to unplug my digital cable and plug it in again then if I swap channels it goes again! Very frustrating.
Userlevel 2
Any resolution to this? I’m having the same problem and it’s very annoying. Strangely the Playbar passes SD occasionally- no rhyme nor reason. I’m fed up switching the AV settings in Sky Q.