Sound keeps cutting out when watching cable

• 11 August 2017
  • 1 reply

My sound cuts out after 5/10 mins of watching cable them when I change the channel and go back to the channel I was watching it comes back on. I have a play base and 2 play 1s connected!
Play base is Ethernet connected into modem but not sure if its running on wifi? Play 1s are on wifi.

Help would be appreciated thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I'd heartily recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. You should do this within around 10 minutes of getting one of those times when the sound cuts out, so that there's data in the logs for them to look at. And while you post the number here, you might also want to let them know what TV brand and model you have. It does make a difference, and wouldn't be in the logs.

A couple of other suggestions, first, make sure that the firmware on your TV is up to date. There have been a couple of updates this year from various manufacturers, as I recall, that deal with fixing issues connecting with Sonos. Second, if you can, try connecting the Playbase to your cable box, rather than the TV, and see if you can recreate the issue. It might help identify whether it's the Playbase, the TV, or the cable box.