Answered

sound issue

Good morning, I had a problem this weekend with my tv updating. No volume indicator on screen. Restarted system and that was corrected. Now the Sonos beam sounds hollow and the volume is still high even when the volume is turned down to zero. Any suggestions? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 May 2022, 15:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Good morning, I had a problem this weekend with my tv updating. No volume indicator on screen. Restarted system and that was corrected. Now the Sonos beam sounds hollow and the volume is still high even when the volume is turned down to zero. Any suggestions? Thanks

If the music audio output sounds like it did before and the issue you are seeing only applies to the TV audio, then maybe roll-back the TV firmware update if all was well beforehand (that’s if you have access to the previous build on USB stick, or via manufacturers website?) or maybe speak to the TV manufacturers support desk and see what they can suggest.

It seems ‘unlikely’ that it’s going to be the Sonos product if all was previously working okay and the TV audio output is the only thing that has changed since performing the update. 

Thank you