Soros-unpair surrounds to use as stereo pair & re-pair as surrounds

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I have read that this can be done with the Soros app and it is exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I have 2 5’s for stereo which I would love to also use as surrounds, music sounds awful using all as a group that is just not for me.

unchecking surrounds and rechecking retuning with the official app is far too time consuming, how hard can it be to save the tune?

The posts I have read say, yes just do that with Soros

1 click stereo, 1 click surrounds

But not how to do that.

Do you start as all separate speakers, as surrounds, stereo pair?

And then what?

I am sure its easy when you know how.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

There is no way to do it quickly.  There are numerous threads which explain why. In short, the connections used are completely different for each configurations and it is not as simple as toggling a switch.

If you’ve heard the Soros app can do this, you may want to contact the Soros developers directly, and ask them. This community is a Sonos community board. 

I’ve certainly not seen many posts here from Soros users. 

There is no way to do it quickly.  There are numerous threads which explain why. In short, the connections used are completely different for each configurations and it is not as simple as toggling a switch.

I have searched over and over for this but couldn’t find anything productive, 

just I do this with Soros

If you’ve heard the Soros app can do this, you may want to contact the Soros developers directly, and ask them. This community is a Sonos community board. 

I’ve certainly not seen many posts here from Soros users. 

I have done that too but so far no reply or acknowledgement 

Dev has just replied

It cannot do this, at least not while keeping trueplay

At least I know I am on a hiding to nothing now and can stop wasting my time on it. 

I have searched over and over for this but couldn’t find anything productive, 

just I do this with Soros