Answered

Sony TV > Samsung soundbar > Sonos speakers.

• 8 October 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a Sony TV, about 3 years old. I have bought a Samsung soundbar and Sonos One SL speakers to set up a surround sound sytem, but cannot get The TV bluetooth to connect to anything wirelessly.

Any ideas please?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 October 2019, 04:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Can't be done. Sonos speakers can only be set up as surround speakers with Sonos devices.

If you replace that Samsung sound bar with a Sonos one (the PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, or Beam) or a pair of your own speakers powered by a Sonos Amp, you'll have no difficulty in bonding the SLs so that they can be used as surrounds.

Sorry not to give you a more appealing answer. Most companies don't like mixing and matching, and make it hard/impossible to do that kind of thing.
Thanks Bruce......back to PC world to return £550 worth of kit then!!! Thanks so much for you help.

The first problem was getting the TV to connect to the soundbar, let alone the Sonos speakers.!!
Like I said, it's pretty easy if you have completely one manufacturer. Either all Sonos, or all Samsung. It's the mixing of the two that each company frowns on, and makes not possible. My personal opinion is that they want all of your money, not just some of it, but it is what it is.
Thanks Bruce, I have returned the Samsung bar and purchased the Sonos one.
Should be a much easier process, but if you run in to any issues, feel free to ask.