Answered

sony tv not playing audio through beam

• 3 March 2020
  • 6 replies

I've tried everything I know. Through my Sony TV when arc is plugged in. The sound will work through Netflix. The apps won't play sound. Usually I would turn to tv speakers but it reverts to the beam which doesn't then have sound

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 March 2020, 05:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If anyone can help

So, the Beam works when playing Netflix. Where is the Netflix app? Is it on the tV, or some other device? What is providing the signal for the video that doesn’t have any audio? Which Sony TV is it? What apps are you attempting to use?

So Netflix is on the tv. So everything is running from the tv itself. I am using netflix, Amazon prime and IPTV. So anything I have on screen I want the audio to come through. It's a Sony KD-75XF8596. So currently I am using the optical to get any sound from it.

So when I plug in the arc. The tv will work but only on Netflix. The sound is perfect. If I switch to tv or another app then there is no sound. 

Chris,

After connecting your Beam to the TV’s ARC port...

Your TV manual indicates you need to configure the [Digital audio out] settings to match the Sonos audio system. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Sound] — [Digital audio out].

Set the audio system as being compatible with Dolby Digital. 

See if that resolves your sound issues.

It’s also possible that each app may have its own audio settings. 

Technically, when using the HDMI-ARC connection, the client (the Sonos) is supposed to be dictating to the hub (the TV) what kind of signal the hub is supposed to be allowed to send. I would look at two things for this issue. First, make sure that the TV has HDMI-CEC turned on. HDMI-ARC is a subset of that, if it’s turned off, the system won’t be communicating properly. Second, and less obvious, is I would try a full reboot of the TV, by first checking for any updates to the software from Sony, and then unplugging it from the wall for two minutes before plugging it back in. This forces a refresh of the TV’s OS, and should help if there was an issue that wouldn’t else wise be cleared.

Thank you I'll try that but yes I think something within the programmes is not allowing the audio to play through the Sonos