Sony bravia tv does not allow tv sound only

• 27 December 2020
  • 4 replies

hi Guys,

Ive hooke up my arc via the DHMI ARC port on my sony bravia KD75XH8096BU 75 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV.

Issue im having is that i the audio is always via the sonos and i cant have the tv sound only,  i can select tv sound via the tv audio settings, but after a second or two the sound reverts back through the sonos. 

how can i solve this,   i just want to use the sonos when watching a film and not running everytime the tv is on.

TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This is a function of the design of CEC, and how ARC works. If you turn off CEC in your TV’s settings, then the TV will stop recognizing a connected client (the Sonos) and should then allow you to use the TV’s speakers. 

thanks for the reply bruce,  how does one turn off this CEC. 

Not sure, I don’t own a KD75XH8096BU, but I’d imagine it would be covered in the owner’s manual. Probably somewhere in the settings menu of the TV set, that’s where it is on my Vizios. 

From my understanding of how the sonos with tv setup works, you can’t easily toggle between just having the sonos bar or the tv speakers.  Would you not want to use the sonos arc all the town even for watching tv?

I’m also looking at getting the same tv that you have and also upgrade my soundbar to the arc.  Can you get the full Dolby atmos sound through the arc with the tv? I’ve read conflicting information as to whether it will work. Thanks in advance.