Sony Bravia TV and Sonos

• 22 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Can someone please tell me how to set up Sony Bravia TV with my Sonos system?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Are the instructions that came with the PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE not sufficient? Or even the FAQ on this website?
Userlevel 2
I only have two play 1 speakers
Userlevel 2
and a hub
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I don't think play 1's can be used as rears while trying to use the Sony Bravia HDTV and the front L,C,R speakers with no Subwoofer. A bit of dreaming there. You will have to check if 2 play 1's can bet setup as stereo. If not, I would spend some bucks and get a Playbase+Sub if you have room for it, or a Playbar+sub and use the Play One's for surrounds. There than that, depending on how new your Sony TV is. The newer models, there is a place in the setup menu where you can choose what type of output you want for the optical cable output. You can choose passthrough, PCM or Dolby Digital if I remember correctly. It depends much on what you are receiving in to the tv. If the audio from the HDMI feed is Dolby Digital just choose passthrough. If the choice is Dolby Digital, you should choose that since Sonos only accepts Dolby Digital for any type of surround sound. If you only want basic, old fashioned stereo type audio, just choose PCM or PCS, whatever they call it. I have a Sony XBR49900XE in one room that I did the very same thing with.
With a hub (BOOST?) and two PLAY:1s, there's no way to get the TV's signal to the Sonos system. You'd need a CONNECT which has a stereo line in in order to get a stereo signal, or a PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE in order to get surround sound.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Airgetiam I agree totally🆒