Answered

Sony Bravia and Sonos Beam Gen2

• 22 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony Bravia TV connected to my Beam. I recently moved and am now having issues with the sound. Before moving, if I switched from music, my Switch, or other item connected to tv, then back to my Roku, the sound was fine. Now, if I use any of those and go back to Roku, no sound comes from the Sonos, only the tv audio. 

I have unplugged both, waited, then connected each back several times. It works for a bit, then doesn’t want to work. Both tv and Sonos are updated on all software. 

Bravia Sync is turned on and I have tried going through the tv set up within the app, and it always says not connected.

This is extremely frustrating and don’t know what else to do. I do not understand why it would work fine in one location then not work properly in another. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 April 2023, 19:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Also, I am using the original HDMI cable with the Sonos and it is connected via HDMI ARC. 

Userlevel 7

Try this in this specific order:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Bravia Sync is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

If this doesn’t work, disable the CEC feature on your external media devices.

I did all that except connect via the app (because most times it doesn’t work). But it’s all connected now. Hopefully when I use the dvd player or Wii, it works okay afterwards.