Question

SONY A9G

• 20 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I am thinking if buying a SONY A9G TV.  Presently I have Bravo  55X85OC TV with SONOS playbar connected via HDMI. I have a hearing loss which requires me to use a SONY RF connected via optical cable.   With this set up I am able to hear the the TV broadcast through the headset and my wife can hear the broadcast through the playbar simultaneously. Would I be able to do the same with an A9G TV? I know this is a SONY question but I have been having difficulty contacting SONY.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tony.mj.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help and check it for you.

This is really something that the TV manufacturer can answer, especially the specs and features.

As per Sonos, you may wish to check our support article about TV requirements for Sonos home theater speakers.

I did some searches here on the website and I’ve found a page from Sony that contains the Full Specifications and Features of this model A9G TV, here is the link:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-a9g-series/specifications

I also suggest reaching out to Sony through their support page for answers:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support

Hopefully, that helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Thank you Annabel. I emailed Sony today with my question. The indicated that they respond to my question in 48. Hours. Their phone system is down. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tony.mj.

Thanks for your immediate response and update.

I am looking forward to a positive response from Sony anytime soon.

You are always welcome here in the community.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

All the best!