Sonus Beam Lip Sync Issues

• 4 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Sorry for yet another lip sync thread but get frustrated with my current set up. My problem seems to be the other way round to most people’s in that I can’t delay the audio enough via the Sonus app to get good lip sync. It is nearly there but not quite.

System is Sky Q > Sony AF9>Sonus Beam with SL surrounds.

Watch Sky Q on TV internal speakers and lip sync is fine. Watch TV tuner/apps on TV internal speakers and lip sync is fine. Watch either with sound via eARC to Sonus Beam and ai have TV dialog sync all the way to 5 to nearly get the lip sync OK.

Would swapping to optical make any difference, if so what would I lose? I think swapping from Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital through the complete chain might have made a small improvement. But if it has it is marginal.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sky Q box is known to have lip sync issues with sound bars. Try going through these steps a couple of users have posted on the Sky community forums: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archive/Solution-found-for-lip-sync-problems-Sky-Q-Soundbar/td-p/3038142 

Thanks. Familiar with that thread and have tried most of the things on it. My problem is also the other way round I need to add more delay into the audio , they are largely talking about needing to advance the audio.

Sky Q is fine on internal TV speakers, as are internal TV sources. Both are same amount out when listening via Sonus.

For once I don’t think this is an actual Sky Q problem.

if I could turn the Sonus Tv dialog sync up

to 6 I think I would be fine.