Sonos Sub not working

• 28 October 2017
  • 14 replies

Sub has no light and doesn't react. Its roughly a year old and stopped working all of a sudden. Does anyone know how to fix this / open the sub? Its a bit heavy to send around the world...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

First eliminate the simple: the famous Is the power on question, including related things like defective sockets or a loose in socket power cable at either socket ends.
That done, if the white light does not start flashing when you turn on the mains power to the Sub, there is a defect that only Sonos can address, officially.
Did all that and changed cable etc., still not. Now in touch w. Sonos, let's see.
Hey i got the same problem and mine is just 2 months old??? Have you been able to sort it out in any way?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You are posting to a six month old, dead topic, these forums are not very helpful in that.

If the Sub is completely dead contact Sonos Support and arrange a replacement.
Yeah its completely dead and without any power light....thanks for your suggestion will call them tomorrow morning..cheers
Userlevel 1
Badge
Did anyone manage to open a sub yet ?
I’ve now got 2 on my work bench dead so it looks like there could be a common fault arising ?:D
3 posts in a year makes it hard to assume a common fault. That's an extremely low failure rate, I would assume within tolerances for devices that include a basic computer in each one.

Have you tried to contact Sonos to discuss both of them?
Hi,

i’m having the same issue. Connected the Sub to my Play5 but no sound comes out of it. Only from the Play5 speaker. I’ve tried to remove from the room it was associated and disconnected from power to set it up again, but the problem remains.

I ran the system diagnosis and its registered under 217008671.

Can you please help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Joao
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi joao
is the light on the sub ?
i have Repaired 10 this months hat were dead
Hi Ian,

Yes, steady white light on. It seems to be fine on that end.

Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Okay try a hard reset
How do I do that?
Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
  • Press and hold the Play/Pause (sync) button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
  • Continue holding the Play/Pause (sync) button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
  • Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Its working! Thanks a lot!

cheers!!