Question

Sonos Port, Playbar, AV Receiver and Prewired House Speakers.

• 10 October 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor II
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to connect my built in (non-sonos) ceiling and wall speakers to my existing Sonos Playbar and Sub in my living room.

I’ve purchased a Denon AVR-X6500H AV Receiver that supports multiple zones (I need multiple zones).

I’ve purchased a Sonos Port.

I’ve setup Port on my iOS app and it asked me which room, I selected the main room that was already setup, it created a duplicate of the room and numbered it #2. In the app under the device in Family Room #2, it shows the Line-In as “Disconnected” even though I have the RCA cables setup per below diagram. 

I have not connected the wires for the prewired built in house speakers to the AV receiver yet. Waiting on the wires to arrive in the mail. However, I should be able to use the Sonos speakers for now, no?

I’m not receiving any audio at all but I see video. What am I missing that needs to be corrected?

Here’s my wiring diagram as of this moment:

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. IMO you have bought the wrong Sonos products for what you are trying to achieve. The Playbar is meant to replace an AVR not complement it.

You would need to use two Sonos Amps if you wanted to use the existing passive speakers. There would be no role for the Playbar, Port or Denon.

I don't know what your multizone requirements are so I can't comment on that. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood your aims.

Btw it is really unhelpful to post the same question twice.