Answered

Sonos PlayBase will no longer connect

• 19 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have been using a google next system for some time, but since upgrading my Sonos to S2 connection of speakers is very unreliable and I need to reconnect at least one speaker every few weeks. In the past week my Sonos Base stopped appearing in the speaker list and today I went through the process to try to reconnect it. After several attempts I could not get it to connect and so went through the reset process. I now have the speaker sitting with Green flashing LED but nothing is appearing in system when I try to add product. Have tried from both iPhone and iPad both using IOS 14.2 version.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 19 December 2020, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As has been said on so many threads when owners have complained of speakers dropping out over time, the solution has often been

1/ Unplug all Sonos devices from power;

2/ Restart the router;

3/ Wait until router is fully restarted and the wifi is established;

4/Power up Sonos devices one at a time, letting each fully restart before powering up the next. 

Since you’ve done a reset on the (I assume you mean) Playbase, you may need to reinstall this first once your router is restarted.

The router restart forces fresh ip addresses to be allocated. If it solves the problem (it might only be for a while the first time you do this) or in anticipation that it will do, it’s also worth setting reserved ip addresses for the Sonos devices. If you need help doing this, let us know. 

Thank you for taking the time to write such a condescending but ultimate useless response. I too have taken the time to review the many threads describing issues in connecting devices following the upgrade to S2 application and fear this will be another unsatisfactory customer experience. Having now taken the time to impact all my other household devices while rebooting all the way from my network termination device through the WiFi router and then to reconnect each of the speakers (starting with the sound base) one at a time, I am still left with the sound base not being seen on either my iPad or iPhone in the connect device screen. The sound base remains a brick with the LED flashing green but not being able to be seen in any way in the application. Thankfully the other 4 speakers in my system reconnected without issue but my original issue remains, so let me know if you have any other ideas on how to resolve before I start packing the system up for return and refund.

OK, so having taken the time and effort to extract the Playbase from its installed position under the TV and taken it to where it can be connected to my router I can reset and connect to the system as a wired connection. Everything is OK and I can confirm that it appears in status as WM0, but when I follow the instructions to change from a Wired to Wireless configuration I just get to the WiFi password entry and I continually get a Password Incorrect error after the system tries to connect. As a result the system is stuck in Wired connection mode but this is of no use to me as the location where I had it installed and working for the past 12 months cannot be connected via cable. Looked through the rather useless user guide information but there is no case that I can see to address this, but let me know if I am missing something.

I note with a great deal of disappointment that my request is now being marked as being answered when I still have a very expensive paper weight that will not connect to any wireless network. Can I please get some input on how I should go about returning this equipment if there is no idea on how to make it work. Very disappointing service.