Question

SONOS Playbar - TV sound not working

• 4 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I did the initial setup for my SONOS playbar after moving to a new house (Had to reconfigure the whole app due to a new WIFI), and during the setup the TV sound was not recognized. My wife wanted to listen to music from the phone so I continued without completing the TV setup, thinking it would be easy to add later (But apparently am wrong). Now music can play from my phone, but not the TV. How do you go back to complete the TV setup? Also, the TV remote has been configured, but still no sound from SONOs when TV is on. I've submitted a diagnostics # 8452175.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there, parkerj6. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. There is no TV Setup to go back to, the PLAYBAR should already accept any PCM or Dolby Digital Signal being sent to it. What audio format is being passed from the TV to the PLAYBAR?

Thanks!
Hi Keith,

I have a digital audio coaxial from TV to a converter for optical cable to the Sonos Playbar. So you are saying if the cables are connected correctly, sound should be coming from the PLAYBAR?
Assuming that the signal being separated from the digital coaxial audio cable is a Dolby Digital or PCM(Stereo), yes.

Double check the audio settings on the device that is feeding the digital coaxial audio cable, and see what signal it thinks it is sending.
Try choosing the tv as the input thru the sonos app for the Playbar. There are times when I turn my tv on that I have no audio. I have to open the sonos app and chose the tv as the input. Then the audio starts. It also happens when I pause the tv live or dvr for more than a few minutes. When I restart there is no audio until I select tv again on the sonos app