Answered

Sonos Playbar sound cutting in and out - Diagnostics 883928252

• 3 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Tried to follow forums and directions on changing wifi channel,  it I have google nest wifi, which does not allow for manual wifi channel changes. 
Submitted diagnostics - 883928252

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 March 2022, 13:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Not sure there’s enough information here to answer completely. I’m assuming there’s some sort of sound drop in the Sonos PLAYBAR, but it’s not clear whether this is while playing the TV sound which comes across the optical connection, or when streaming music from your WiFi connection.

You do mention Google’s WiFi system, which is a mesh network, but do you have a Sonos device wired directly to the base of this Google device, or one of the extenders, or does the Sonos system hang off your WiFi signal directly?

You’ve posted a diagnostic here, but that means you’re going to need to wait for one of the forum folks, rather than getting a response from Sonos support. If you’d prefer a potentially faster response, you may want to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network, something not readily available to the Sonos forum moderators. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sonchau 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As @Airgetlam mentions, whether the Playbar is playing TV audio or is playing music is important here. TV audio shouldn’t be affected by the network at all (at least, not on the Playbar itself), so if it’s TV audio that’s cutting out, I recommend you unplug your TV from power for a couple of minutes - in the majority of cases, this will clear the issue.

Your diagnostics also showed a couple of other issues. One being your Beam being offline (at the time), the other regarding your Sub which seems to be constantly rebooting (you’d see a flashing white light).

As you have Google Mesh, I recommend a read of this article:

Specifically, if you have a router from your Internet Provider, you may need to disable DHCP and WiFi on it (Bridge/Modem mode). If this is already the case, I recommend wiring either the Playbar or the Beam to the main Google node (or to a switch connected to it) with an ethernet cable permanently. Wiring one Sonos device will change the way they all connect.

As for the Sub, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team and report the reboots.

I hope this helps.

@Airgetlam and @Corry P - Thank you for your advise and suggestions.

@Corry P I did not even realize that the Sub was constantly rebooting. I will look into it. Since I out in disgnostics ticket, I removed the Playbar and moved my surrounds and sub with beam. This seems to work. I will put the playbar on another TV and see if the problem persists.

When I did have the playbar on as part of theater, it only had the issue with TV sounds, music would come out fine.