Answered

Sonos Playbar or 2 x Play5?

• 23 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Evening all,

Currently got a playbar and to play 1's. its fine for tele but lacking for music. Today i have purchased the sub and have also just brought 2 x play 5's due to them being at a siily price. My question is could i replace the sound bar with 2 play 5's then use the sub and 2 x plays 1 as surrounds?

Can then sell playbar to get some money back :-)

Cheers
icon

Best answer by Chris 23 November 2018, 03:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can't do that - you need the playbar for surround.

Just an FYI - you do have the Play:1s set to full mode for when your playing music in the playbar combo don't you (otherwise they would act as surrounds when playing music and be very lacking). I'm asking because I have found them very good in combination with sub and playbar when set to full mode and playing in full stereo when listening to music.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Nope, need a Beam, Bar, Base or Amp to do surround. Trying to play TV on the 5s from their input is likely to give you lip sync delay issues, again the Sonos designed for TV use are needed.

Use the Play 5s as a room in a stereo pair, Use the PlayBar and two Play 1s for the TV. You can add the Sub to either but switching is a pain so pick one and live with it or buy a second Sub.