Answered

Sonos One pair - as surround

• 1 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, I’ve set up and tuned a pair of Sonos One speakers as Surround for our existing (working) Playbar/Sub. During the tune process, I heard great sound from the surround pair of Ones. Once I began to watch TV, ther was no sound from the Ones (surround) but normal sound from the Playbar and Sub. Anyone know what to do next?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 August 2021, 21:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps try playing a 5.1 Dolby Digital source from your TV such as a movie from Netflix or Prime Movies etc. 

If looking for more output from the rears for Music audio then you can change the Playbar to output ‘Full’ music audio rather than its default ‘Ambient’ out setting. To toggle that setting, goto ‘Settings/System/[Playbar Room Name]/Surround Audio’ in the App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just to clarify: did you set them up as a stereo pair before running Trueplay, and then try to add them as surrounds? If so, you need to separate them, and then use the Add Surrounds option under the Playbar room’s settings.