Question

Sonos One as Surround ... problems.

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have a Beam and 4 Sonos one, two of them are surround speakers for my TV. And these two are not working properly. Not only that they are mostly so loud that i cannot hear the spoken dialogues (tried the speech enhancement and night mode) they also sometimes do not play music, when all speakers connect to ie spotify. Also most of the time the white LED is flashing, though i toggled LED status and touch controls off. I unplug them all the time, power it on and off, reset, remove them as surround speakers, add them again. The problems stay. 

Funny thing is that the other two speakers in the same room that i do not use as normal speakers work without problems. No flashing LED, no disappearing sound.

Diagnostic code is 1029968204

thanks and regards

Ben

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @benqs, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for submitting a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to hear about your issue with the surrounds on your Sonos system and thanks for trying some workarounds in resolving the issue. Upon checking the diagnostic information on your Sonos system. It shows Audio dropouts and Wireless interference on the system. Kindly check this articles about Reducing Wireless interference and Audio Dropouts on Sonos for some troubleshooting steps. You may also try to remove and readd the surrounds on the Sonos App, and there’s an option to remove Surrounds on the room where you have both surrounds speakers and let’s check if that will make any difference. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.