Sonos Home Theater Setup.

• 24 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I just recently bought the beam for my small apartment and I’m looking to expand to the 5.1 surround setup. Should I get the Play:1s or Ones for my rears first or the sub first? I want to gradually get to the 5.1 because of the cost.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Most people recommend adding the Sub first because the added bass gives you a more cinematic experience. But if you prefer more of a surround experience over more bass, go with the Play:1s or One SLs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Play:1’s are discontinued items so One SL’s would be a better choice imho. But as @GuitarSuperstar says, consider the Sub first. Your film watching and music listening will appreciate it. 

consider the Sub first. Your film watching and music listening will appreciate it. 

The neighbours on the other hand might not...

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d say Sub first, then One SLs.

I got the Sub first and it made my entire experience better. I recently added two Ones and it definitely improved my experience. Without the Sub it wouldn’t “feel” as immersive. So if you can afford the Sub get the Sub first. 

I just recently bought the beam for my small apartment and I’m looking to expand to the 5.1 surround setup. Should I get the Play:1s or Ones for my rears first or the sub first? I want to gradually get to the 5.1 because of the cost.

issue got solved!!