sonos home theater feature request

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there a way for the sonos engineers to allow trueplay for the era 300 when used as rears for home theater setup? I have android and would need an iPhone to do trueplay for everything. I could borrow an iPhone to do this but sometimes I need to reset these devices for it to work correctly and I would need to do the trueplay all over again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Why do you need to reset the devices for it to work correctly? This shouldn’t be necessary to fix any issues with your speakers.

Sometimes the left or right rear speaker with get disconnected or not show up in the app and I would have to go through the whole process of reconnecting it.  Other times everything will show up as connected in the app, but I would get no sound from the upfiring speakers on the arc and era 300s. The only way to fix it is to remove surrounds and re add but that only lasts for a couple of days I would need to redo the process again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Have you added static/reserved IP addresses for your Sonos devices?

It is usually a simple operation, done from your Router’s DHCP page. There is often a help link there too.

Once done, power down all Sonos, reboot router(s) and power the Sonos back up.

That has helped so many folks with disappearing Sonos issues it is worth a try.