Sonos eARC Compatible with PRISM+ Q65-QE HDMI ARC Optical Port?

Hello Guys. I recently bought a PRISM+ Q65-QE TV and I would like to purchase Sonos ARC but heard that it comes with HDMI eARC Cable. The PRISM TV only has HDMI ARC Optical Port. I would like to check with you guys if you have any idea whether it would be compatible regardless?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If a cable is good for HDMI-eARC it is also good for HDMI-ARC (eARC is higher spec than ARC).

What is you question about the optical port? I wouldn't use that because you'd lose Atmos that way.

Hi. There is no such thing as an ‘HDMI-ARC Optical Port’.  What connections does your TV actually have for outputting audio?  Is your concern really about the cable or is it about the available connections?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This TV shuold work with an Arc. It has an HDMI-ARC port, and if that proves troublesome it also has an optical output which can be used instead.

It is not clear to me if you could get an Atmos signal from this TV.

This is how the TV Port looks like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

From left to right you have the network (LAN) port, the optical digital out, three HDMI's of which one should be ARC-capable (according to PRISM+ Q65-QE - 65" 4K Android TV with HDR | PRISM+ (prismplus.sg), USB, antenna and audio/video-in.

In this video, that shows another Prism+, the HDMI 1 is the HDMI-ARC capable connection: PRISM+ Q65 - 999SGD 65 INCH 4K ANDROID TV - YouTube

Your picture also shows an optical cable and a USB cable.

You should connect the Sonos Arc to the HDMI-ARC connection (take a look in the manual for the TV) via the supplied HDMI cable.

Noted. Thanks so much.

Was wondering if it works with Sonos playbar to control the volume with the remote control that comes with it?

A bit unrelated question but- did you get the Arc with surrounds? Do your surrounds work with TV set to Dolby Digital? I just got this exact TV model too, but paired with my existing Playbase, Sub, and One SLs for surrounds. The rear speakers don’t seem to be putting out any audio even with Dolby 5.1 films on Netflix. Prism+ Support cite possible incompatibility with Sonos. Frustrating.

Not I don’t own arc but we have the same exact same set I have yet to get the prism tv. As I was told it will not work for the remote also thanks for sharing

Hi everyone,

hope I can share some valuable information with all of you. I am using currently the Prism+ Q65 QE together with the beam and two one SL’s.

Dolby Atmos:

The beam does not support Dolby Atmos, neither the TV. The Q65 QE can only output Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS. DTS on the other hand is not support by Sonos Beam. So that leaves Dolby Digital as the only option in my case. You can either use the optical connection or the ARC HDMI output.

That also applies to the Arc in combination with this TV set. The Arc does support Dolby Atmos additionally to Dolby Digital. But the TV is not supporting the Atmos codecs.

if you want to enjoy the Atmos sound, you need to buy the Prism+ Q65 QE Pro. This is the new model supporting Atmos. But beware! It only comes with an ARC connection, no eARC! That means you can play Dolby Atmos, but not in the highest lossless quality setting. Please also refer to this Sonos guide:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4844?language=en_US

Of course Dolby Atmos only works with the Arc, not the Beam.

TV Control:

i can use my TV remote to adjust the volume of my Sonos system without any problems. This works of course only if you connect the Beam / Arc via ARC HDMI. If you use the optical audio cable, this functionality is not available.

Hope that helps.

Thanks I eventually settle for Samsung q80 which connect seamlessly via optical to my playbar